Loom Knit Headband, Ear warmer Pattern, Free.
Over 100 Original Loom Knitting Patterns for all Levels!
Buy $15.00 get 15% Off, Code: LOOMLOVE15...Buy $20.00 get 20% Off, Code: LOOMLOVE20.
Loom Knit Headband, Earwarmer, Turban Style Pattern
- Yarn: Knit picks, Wool of the Andes, Worsted #4, any color. http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Wool_of_the_Andes_Worsted_Yarn__D5420103.html
- Loom: 3/8" peg spacing loom with 18 pegs (All in One, CinDWood type loom).
- Knitting tool
- Measuring tape
- Yarn needle
- Knit (k): use u-knit or regular knit (do not use e-wrap knit) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnR5a8Wg34&t=1s
- Purl (p): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVOZWCVNQNo&index=8&list=PLIpFOwBdhLQFggeUjp2fvl8PrCIiwiEws
- Gathered bind off: Take needle threaded with yarn through each stitch on every peg, pull on this thread to gather knitting.
Foundation Row: e-wrap cast on 18 sts/pegs with 1 strand MC, leaving a 10 inch tail. Knit as flat panel.
- Row 1: Knit (create lifeline; now take a needle and 10 inch tail of yarn through each stitch as you would for a gathered bind off, do not gather knitting yet, leave this yarn hanging)
- Rows 2-15: Knit
- Row 16: Purl
- Row 17: knit
- Repeat rows 16 and 17 until knitting measures 16 inches.
- Repeat rows 1-15. (omit lifeline directions)
- Bind off using gather method.
- Finish: Pull both life lines tight to gather knitting to the center; secure. Weave in ends.
- Place a button in the center (see picture).
Enjoy your new headband!-Nicole